Vizual Personnel Software News/Articles
The importance of performing a backup of your Vizual Personnel HR databases.
Regularly backing up your Vizual Personnel Manager HR databases may seem like an obvious thing to do but it is easy to overlook or just assume backups are being done regularly.
Personnel Manager can be installed entirely on a users PC, or it can be configured so that the databases are installed on the server and simply accessed by the software on the users PC.
In either case, it is vitally important that these databases are being backed up ideally every day if you use Personnel Manager a lot.
Personnel Manager comes with a tool to enable users to take ad-hoc back ups of their data manually which can be very useful but we would always recommend your IT department have a process in place to automatically back up your databases each night and that the restore process is periodically tested to make sure the backups are working correctly.
To take a manual back up your Personnel Manager Databases use these simple instructions
- Open Database Maintenance Module, choose Backup Databases Option
- Click NEXT
- Select the databases you wish to backup (the more chosen the longer it will take)
- Click Next
- Choose the location where the databases are to be backed up (either onto Floppy discs or onto a location on your PC or Network),
- Click Next
- Click Start to run the back up.
- Click Close when complete and Cancel to close the Database Maintenance module.
NOTE: It is often worth including System Databases every time you do a backup.
With compatibility issues with using Personnel Manager on more recent versions of Microsoft Windows, there has never been a more important time to ensure your HR Databases are being backed up and they can be restored correctly as there is often a possibility that we can recover this data even if Personnel Manager stops working on your PC.
If you would like to find out more about backing up Personnel Manager databases please contact us.
AgathonHR have been working on Vizual Personnel Manager and Personnel Director since 1997 and are one of the last companies in the UK to have any experience using or supporting these systems. Additionally we have been working with People Inc. since 2009 and are one the main People Inc. resellers in the UK. This means we can provide the best possible service to ensure the upgrade goes as effectively as possible.
Whilst we can no longer sell Personnel Manager, we do currently provide the following:
- Upgrades to People Inc. including data migration.
- Discounted annual support packages
- Basic training for new users
- Report Writing Training.
- Consultancy – Data tidying, customisation etc.