Vizual Personnel Software News/Articles
Managing User Profiles in Vizual Personnel Manager
For Advanced Personnel Manager Users*
With an ever increasing need to protect data, especially employee personal data it is essential to ensure your Personnel Manager users are only accessing the information they need in order to perform their role by setting up user profiles.
You may not be aware that Personnel Manager comes with a Security Manager module that allows you to create many different user profiles with varying levels of access, down to specific fields and for specific groups of employees.
You may also not be aware that Personnel Manager comes with a default administrator account that provides full access to all area’s of the software. Often users forget to create their own account before deleting this default user from the system leaving a potential ‘backdoor’ into your employee data.
If you haven’t already done so we recommend the following steps to ensure your employee data within Vizual Personnel Manager is secured adequately:
- Create a new Administrator account to replace the default USERNAME account (or at least change the default password)
- Review all security profiles set up for Personnel Manager and delete any old/unused ones.
- Update current security profiles to ensure users can only see the data they require for their role.
- Carryout regular Security Audits using the Audit Log within the Security Manager.
If you would like to learn more about managing user profiles within Personnel Manager please contact us by using the buttons below:
AgathonHR have been working on Vizual Personnel Manager and Personnel Director since 1997 and are one of the last companies in the UK to have any experience using or supporting these systems. Additionally we have been working with People Inc. since 2009 and are one the main People Inc. resellers in the UK. This means we can provide the best possible service to ensure the upgrade goes as effectively as possible.
Whilst we can no longer sell Personnel Manager, we do currently provide the following:
- Upgrades to People Inc. including data migration.
- Discounted annual support packages
- Basic training for new users
- Report Writing Training.
- Consultancy – Data tidying, customisation etc.
Make sure you have changed the default password for the built In USERNAME account within Vizual Personnel Manager
- Implementation Difficulty 50% 50%
- Benefit 100% 100%
- Set up Time/Costs 60% 60%
- Ease of use 35% 35%
New Feature Rating
Our ratings show how easy it is to implement this new feature and how the benefits outweigh the time and costs for implementing it.
Note: Features with a Difficulty rating of over 50% will need to be set up by one of our developers.